It should be noted that this company-report.crif.com.my (“Site”) is primarily a promotional website, aimed at presenting CRIF OMESTI SDN. BHD. (“we”, “us”, or “our”) and our products or services, as well as business information to Site users.
- “Users” means registered user (“Subscriber”) and/or otherwise guest user (“Guest User”) visiting this Site on an anonymous basis.
- “Personal Data” means certain individual data which is stored, maintained and kept accurate and the confidentiality of which is protected.
- “Certain Individual Data” means true and actual information that is attached to and identifiable towards, directly or indirectly, an individual.
2. Depending on the nature of Users’ interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from Users include name and contact information such as address, email address or telephone number.
Collection, Use, Disclosure and Protection of Personal Data
3. We may collect and use your Personal Data for any or all of the following purposes:
- performing obligations in the course of or in connection with your access to this Site or providing Products and/or Services requested by you;
- verifying your identity;
- responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints and feedback from you;
- managing, operating, providing and/or administering your use of and/or access to our Service and our Site, as well as managing your relationship with us;
- complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority, including but not limited to the Applicable Data Protection Legislation;
- managing, operating, administering and providing you with as well as facilitating the provision of our Service, including, without limitation, remembering your preferences;
- tailoring your experience through the Service by displaying content according to your interests and preferences, providing a faster method for you to access your account and submit information to us and allowing us to contact you, if necessary;
- maintaining and administering any software updates and/or other updates and supporting that may be required from time to time to ensure the smooth running of our Service;
- contacting you or communicating with you via voice call, text message and/or fax message, email and/or postal mail or otherwise for the purposes of administering and/or managing your relationship with us or your use of our Services, such as but not limited to communicating administrative information to you relating to our Service. You acknowledge and agree that such communication by us could be by way of the mailing of correspondence, documents or notices to you, which could involve disclosure of certain Personal Data about you to bring about delivery of the same as well as on the external cover of envelopes/mail packages;
- producing statistics and research for internal and statutory reporting and/or record-keeping requirements;
- carrying out due diligence or other screening activities (including, without limitation, background checks) in accordance with legal or regulatory obligations or our risk management procedures that may be required by law or that may have been put in place by us;
- auditing our Service;
- storing, hosing, backing up (whether for disaster recovery or otherwise) of your Personal Data, whether within or outside of your jurisdiction;
- any other purposes which we notify you of at the time of obtaining your consent.
4. We may disclose your Personal Data:
- where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with your access to this Site or providing Products and/or Services requested by you;
- to third party service providers, agents and other organizations we have engaged to perform any of the functions listed in clause 3 above for us;
- to comply with the prevailing laws and regulations including but not limited to the Applicable Data Protection Legislation and legal process;
- to comply with a request from governmental or regulatory authority in Malaysia;
5. We implement a variety of security measures and strive to ensure the security of your Personal Data in our systems. Your Personal Data is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of employees who have special access rights to such systems. However, there can inevitably be no guarantee of absolute security.
Withdrawing your Consent
6. The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop using and/or disclosing your Personal Data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request via email to us at the contact details provided below.
7. Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within ten (10) business days of receiving it.
8. Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to grant your access or continue the services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing in the manner described in clause 7 at above.
Access to and Correction of Personal Data
9. If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the Personal Data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your Personal Data which we hold about you, you may submit your request via email to us at the contact details provided below.
10. We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the Applicable Data Protection Legislation).
Accuracy of Personal Data
11. We generally rely on Personal Data provided by you (or your authorized representative). In order to ensure that your Personal Data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your Personal Data by informing us via email at the contact details provided below.
Data Retention Period
12. We may retain your data for as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose for which it was collected or to which Users given consent, except where otherwise.
13. If you cease using the Site, or your permission to use the Site and/or the Services is terminated or withdrawn, we may continue storing, using and/or disclosing your Personal Data in accordance with the prevailing laws and regulations including but not limited to the Applicable Data Protection Legislation. Subject to the prevailing laws and regulations, we may securely dispose of your Personal Data without prior notice to you.
Transfer of Personal Data
14. The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, processed and stored at a destination outside Malaysia. It may also be processed by staff operating outside Malaysia who work for us or for one of our service providers.
Changes to this Policy
For any questions regarding the processing of your Personal Data, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org